Dive into the irresistible taste of Mexican street corn with this easy-to-make dip. Charred corn, green chilies, spices, and creamy mayo blend perfectly for a delicious appetizer for any occasion!
This Mexican Street Corn Dip is the best appetizer or side for any Taco Tuesday! Try serving it with some delicious meals like these Homemade Empanadas, these yummy Chalupas, or these Enchiladas Suizas.
Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe
This Mexican Street Corn Dip recipe offers a delightful twist on the classic street food favorite (you have to try out these street tacos too)! Charred to perfection, the ears of corn provide a smoky and slightly sweet base for this flavorful dip.
Not only does this dip have a delicious flavor once you add in the spices, jalapeño, and cilantro, but it’s easy to make. Because this dip has to chill, it’s the perfect dip to make ahead of time to make life even easier! Serve this with some delicious Air Fryer Tortilla Chips, and I guarantee that you won’t be able to stop… This dip is a family fav!
Ingredients in Street Corn Dip
The best part about this dip is how easy it is to get the delicious flavors. This dip uses simple ingredients (most of which you probably have on hand)! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Charred Corn: Grilled to perfection, the ears of corn add a smoky sweetness.
- Diced Green Chilies: Adds some subtle heat and a touch of spiciness.
- Mayonnaise: The mayo creates a creamy, rich texture for the dip.
- Cotija Cheese: Tangy and crumbly, this is a must when making this dip.
- Cilantro: I know this is a take-it-or-leave-it ingredient. Feel free to add more if you love it, or leave it out completely if you hate it!
- Red Onion: The red onion adds a mild flavor.
- Jalapeño: This is optional because it has a spicy kick! Use more or less depending on the amount of heat that you like.
- Lime Juice: This provides a zesty, citrusy brightness to the dip.
- Garlic Powder: I love adding in a hint of savory garlic flavor.
- Chili Powder: Gives the dip a warm, earthy spice. Use more if you love the heat.
- Kosher Salt: Enhances all of the flavors in the dip.
- Cracked Black Pepper: Freshly cracked black pepper is the best!
How to Make Street Corn Dip
Simple and easy, this dip comes together so fast. Not to mention, it’s so delicious that I know it’s going to fly off the table! You may want to consider doubling the batch… It’s that good!
- Prep: Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the Corn: Shuck the corn and place it on the corn on the grill. Cook and char the corn, continuing to rotate the corn on all sides using tongs. Remove the corn from the grill and allow to cool.
- Cut Kernels: Once cooled, cut the corn kernels from the cob using a sharp knife, then place the kernels in a large bowl.
- Combine Ingredients: Add the mayonnaise, green chilies, cheese, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, seasonings, and salt and pepper to the bowl of corn.
- Chill: Stir to combine and refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 1 hour before serving. This dip can be prepared one day in advance!
- Serve: Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!
Corn on the cob is seasonal and isn’t always available, but it’s often found in the freezer section year-round. Here are my tips for types of corn to use and other methods for cooking corn. This street corn dip will still taste amazing, no matter the corn or how you cook it!
- Over the Stove: If you don’t have a grill available, you can cook the corn on the stove. Remove the kernels from the cob and place them into a dry pan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until the kernels darken.
- Broiler: Turn on the broiler and cook the shucked corn for a couple of minutes. Use tongs to rotate and char the corn carefully. Watch it closely under the broiler!
- Frozen Corn: Thaw frozen corn ahead of time and then pat it dry with a paper towel before toasting over the stove.
- Canned Corn: Drain the canned corn, and pat dry with a paper towel before toasting over the stove.
- Don’t Overcook the Corn: You want the corn charred, not cooked. The added crunch gives the best texture to this dip!
Whether you have leftovers of this Street Corn Dip or you want to make it ahead of time, it stores great! Once the dip is made, store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last about 3-4 days.
Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 4 ears corn charred
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded & finely chopped, optional
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
Shuck the corn and place it on the corn on the grill. Cook and char the corn, continuing to rotate the corn on all sides using tongs. Remove the corn from the grill and allow to cool.
Once cooled, cut the corn kernels from the cob using a sharp knife, then place the kernels in a large bowl.
Add the mayonnaise, green chilies, cheese, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, seasonings, and salt and pepper to the bowl of corn.
Stir to combine and refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 1 hour before serving. This dip can be prepared one day in advance!
Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!