The interior paint sprayer allows you to paint or varnish all surfaces, and is very convenient and fast, whether for walls or less accessible forms such as radiators or grilles.
The paint (or varnish) is sprayed and tiny droplets are deposited on the surface to be painted.
- A uniform, smooth rendering, ideal for glossy paints and varnishes
- The ease of painting hard-to-reach shapes
- The speed of application of the painting
- The paint is deposited everywhere, it is necessary to perfectly protect the surroundings
- The gun consumes more paint
- It takes longer to prepare the material and clean it after application
Interior Paint Sprayer
You have the choice between two types of Sprayer:
- The Paint Sprayer especially recommended for high-quality finishing work or for large surfaces. It is also used by professionals
- This electric gun, easier to handle because lighter, is especially effective on medium sized surfaces such as doors or radiators. Whether you choose one or the other of these Sprayer guns, be aware that it is essential to read the instructions for use and safety.
What kind of paint and varnish can I use?
You can use all types of paints. The only difference, it must be slightly more liquid than that applied by brush or roller because it is sprayed. For this, simply add 5 to 10% diluent to your paint (the dose is indicated on the pot).
If you use vinyl or acrylic paint, it should be diluted with water. If you use glycerophthalic, alkyd or polyurethane paint, dilute it with white spirit.
In any case, read the instructions carefully as other paints require special thinners. In addition, the amount of thinner to add can also vary depending on your gun.
The Paint Sprayer is equipped with a flow control system. Do not forget to adjust the nozzle of the spray nozzle according to the thickness of your paint.
- As with other painting techniques, the surface to be painted must be clean, dry and smooth.
- It is very important to protect your direct environment because the paint is sprayed: So protect your floors with plastic sheeting and do not hesitate to use pieces of cardboard packaging that you place against the walls to create a cabin.
- If you are painting a piece of furniture, consider protecting the underside and back of it.
- Wearing a mask is advisable to avoid inhalation of toxic substances.
How to use Paint Sprayer
- The Paint Sprayer is diluted; the nozzle of the spray nozzle is adjusted. Before you start painting your stand, try a piece of cardboard.
- The Sprayer should be held vertically, about 25 cm from the surface to be painted.
- Move it parallel to the surface, with slow and steady movements.
- You must apply at least two layers by running a grid of the surface. For the first layer, move the gun parallel to the surface and draw horizontal “S”. For the second layer, the operation is the same but the “S” is vertical and overlaps the first layer.
- Empty the bucket with his paint and fill it with water or mineral spirits. Paint Sprayer on a piece of cardboard to purge the gun circuits.
- Clean the nozzle with a brush.
- To clean the outside of the gun, use a rag soaked in white spirit.
- If your gun is electric, pour some Vaseline oil into the cup and spray on a piece of cardboard.
Some tips for use
- Never start spraying without moving your Paint Sprayer or gun. In the same way, stop spraying before stopping the gun movements.
- Never stop in action because you could make thicknesses and drips.
- Paint squares one meter apart. When a square is finished, the other one will have to overlap it about 1/3 of its surface.
- Tip: For a smoother paint, filter it with a gas pad or old tack before putting it in the gun tank.
Interior painting: How to apply it well
Whether your painting is oil or water, start by mixing the paint in the pot with a flat spatula, load the brush or roll generously and remove the surplus on a grid. Start by clearing the corners with a small brush and then roll. You can paint from left to right or from right to left depending on what be most convenient for you but do not forget: You must always cross layers of paints to avoid traces. With the Interior Sprayer, your can do paint your wall perfectly.
The steps of indoor airless painting
- First, please clean the inside of your machine to avoid any risk of clogging or mixing with materials from previous uses. For this, we recommend our article maintenance and cleaning of your airless device.
- Insert the suction hose into the paint bucket and start work.
- Check the pressure settings of your machine (for example by testing on a piece of cardboard) depending on the material to be used. The best way is to gradually increase the pressure until you reach a good spray pattern. To avoid wasting too much time at this step, read the manufacturer’s recommendations on the product data sheet.
- Start painting from left to right (or vice versa) from the top. Once the first strip of paint is done, you will do the same thing in the opposite direction. This will allow you to get a better mid-range overlap finish of the bands and so on until you get to ground level.
Acrylic and latex paints have very good airless projections. With air mix paint, the spray system sprays the paint under compressed air, allowing paint to dry faster by reducing overspray.
Remember that at the end of the work, you must clean your equipment to keep it in good condition until the next use (see our article on this topic above).
The technique described above applies to the spraying of walls. For corners, do the following: Paint vertically from top to bottom, covering the entire corner after painting the walls. Even if you seem to see a difference, it will disappear once the support is perfectly dry.
Concerning the painting of the ceiling, know that the technique is also different from that used with a paint roller. With this tool, this is the part you start to cover to avoid splashing on already painted walls. With an airless station, you make the ceiling last: You just have to protect the walls from plastic sheeting to avoid any negligence.
Airless spray painting is, therefore, the ideal solution if:
- You do not like the waste of paint
- You want to paint quickly and easily
- You want to use airless extensions/extensions for high ceilings
- We hope that our guide to learn Interior Sprayer paint step by step will be useful. To see more result about our best sprayer visit our website; gopaintsprayer.com
The post How to paint with interior sprayer: The right technique appeared first on The Architects Diary.
Source: The Architects Diary