Pizza for breakfast? Yes please! A thin, crispy crust topped with salty bacon, a pile of soft scrambled eggs and melted cheddar cheese.. now that’s how I like to start my mornings!
I’m one of those people that likes to enjoy breakfast all day long. Eggs and bacon are my love language! If you’re looking for other recipes to make for breakfast (or any meal, really) try breakfast quesadillas, breakfast enchiladas, or this easy-to-make breakfast casserole!
Bacon Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Breakfast pizza? Pizza for breakfast? Now we’re talking! Even though this recipe is simply bacon and eggs piled onto a pizza crust, trust me when I say that this breakfast pizza will earn you major brownie points with anyone you serve it to. Total cool Mom status, right?
First, scramble up some eggs until they are just cooked through but still nice and soft. They’ll cook a little more in the oven later, so keep them just a tad on the undercooked side. Add them to some refrigerated pizza dough for easy prep along with “pizza sauce” made with Dijon mustard and mayo, then cover with bacon and shredded cheese. Pop it in the oven, and voila! Easy, cheesy, breakfast pizza magic.
Ingredients for Bacon and Cheddar Breakfast Pizza
This is everything I used to make this bacon and cheddar breakfast pizza. It uses a lot of simple ingredients but is so incredibly delicious! I know your family will love it as much as mine does.
- Refrigerated Pizza Crust Dough: Premade to make your life a little easier. I used Pillsbury thin crust! (If you want the freshest flavor possible, though, another great option is this quick and easy homemade pizza dough!)
- Chopped Bacon: Using precooked bacon is another great way to cut down on time.
- Eggs: Beaten together to create the scramble.
- Milk: So your scrambled eggs turn out fluffy and tender!
- Salt and Pepper: Used to season the eggs. You can also add a dash of seasoning salt or any other spices you prefer!
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Because every good pizza needs tons of gooey, melted cheese, right? I love the melty, savory flavor that cheddar adds, but you can also swap this out for other cheeses like monterey, colby, or pepper jack.
- Mayonnaise and Dijon Mustard: Mixed together to create a creamy and tangy “pizza sauce.”
- Chopped Green Onions: For a garnish on top! These add a hint of delicious onion flavor that brings the dish together.
Let’s Make Pizza for Breakfast!
Bacon breakfast pizza is SO easy to make and only takes 20 minutes from start to finish. So, even if you’re short on time you can still fuel up your kids with this hearty, delicious breakfast!
- Preheat Oven, Bake Crust: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread the pizza crust on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Cook Bacon: In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon until crisp and remove to a plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the skillet.
- Scramble Eggs: Add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour the eggs into the skillet with bacon drippings and scramble until just set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add Sauce: Mix the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a small bowl and spread a thin layer over the pizza crust as a “sauce.”
- Layer With Toppings, Bake: Add the scrambled eggs over the sauce, then top with the cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake the pizza for another 5-7 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Add Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Cut yourself a nice, big slice, and enjoy!
Customize Your Pizza
Just like a traditional pizza, you can switch up the sauces and toppings for your breakfast pizza to make it your own. It’s a great recipe for using up leftovers in your fridge!
- Make Your Own Crust: Even though it seems like it would take a lot of effort, making a homemade crust is super easy. Check out my simple recipe here!
- Different Sauces: Try alfredo sauce instead or use hollandaise sauce for an eggs benedict inspired pizza!
- More Toppings: If it works in an omelet, you can use it for your breakfast pizza. Try crumbled sausage, ham, chopped avocados, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or spinach.
- Finishing Touches: Want a little heat? Add a a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce! Cholula is my family’s go-to.
This bacon breakfast pizza makes great leftovers. Here are a couple of options to keep it fresh:
- In the Refrigerator: Wrap pan tightly with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container. It will stay good for up to 3 days.
- In the Freezer: In an airtight container or freezer bag, your bacon and cheddar breakfast pizza will last for a month or two. Thaw overnight in the fridge before you reheat it.
- To Reheat: Pop a slice in the microwave for a minute or two, or warm in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the best method if you want to keep the crust crispy.
Bacon and Cheddar Breakfast Pizza
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust dough I used Pillsbury thin crust
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 10 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions chopped
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread the pizza crust on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon until crisp and remove to a plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the skillet.
Add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour the eggs into the skillet with bacon drippings and scramble until just set, about 2-3 minutes.
Mix the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a small bowl and spread a thin layer over the pizza crust as a "sauce"
Add the scrambled eggs over the sauce, then top with the cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake the pizza for another 5-7 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and cut into slices to serve.
Updated on May 23, 2023